Nutcracker mustaches pushed me over the edge....

8:52 PM

Do you ever take time to remember why you love making cookies?  Do you still love to make cookies?  This holiday, I took a two week break from it all.  I didn't bake, whisk, flood, package...nothing.  I didn't even provide my family with Christmas cookies, and they survived.  I needed a break.  I was tired of answering emails, I was tired of scheduling pick ups, I was tired of piping mustaches on nutcrackers.  Simply put, I was tired.  So, I scheduled a break.  I had an automatic response to all inquiries and I just walked away.

In that time, I discovered how much I missed it.  I love to create.  I love bringing sketches to life.  I love the photos customers send me of their celebrations.  I love that I have a few groupies under the age of 7 who just really like my cookies.  

Sometimes, we get so caught up in the "business" side of things, that we forget about WHY we do cookies.  I've been asked by several people lately if I still love doing cookies.  I always answer the same, "the moment I stop loving cookies is when I will walk away." I still love it, the entire process of it (minus the clean up, nobody actually loves that).  If you are in a place of NOT loving cookies, take a break, walk away for a bit and re-energize.  You may miss out on a few orders, but I have always believed that you need to love what you do.  And right now, I love doing cookies.  


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Search This Blog