"Go on the News," they said

11:33 AM

Here I am, minding my own business and getting things done.  And then, out of the blue, an email from a local News Anchor.  She has been following me on Instagram and invited me to appear on the morning news show.  Say, what?  I paused.  I panicked a little.  I asked my logical husband what I should do.  He responded, "do it".  Um....that wasn't supposed to be his answer! So, without thinking too hard, I immediately answered, "YES!"

One week.  I had one week to prep and plan and compose myself.  Did I mention it was Valentine's Week?  Yes, not the most brilliant move on my part! But, I was committed.  Oh wait....my youngest woke up vomiting.  Followed by my oldest waking up vomiting.  Influenza A.  Oh goody! I CAN do this.  I can handle all of this.  Honestly though, I can't handle vomit.  Its awful.

So, I learned that the flu is time consuming.  Its all consuming actually.  Between holding hair, fetching drinks and disinfecting my entire home multiple times...it was all consuming. Okay, back to cookies.  Five days of sickness and I had to curb all cookie baking or decorating until we got an "all clear".  That means, I had 24 hours to design, bake, and decorate for my two news segments.  Sure.  Why not? I wanted to cancel and back out....I truly did.  But, wise friends who are always encouraging made me stick with it.

I tightened up my apron strings and went for it.  I survived.  Actually survived.  The two news segments were a success.  And I might have had a little fun in the process! What I really didn't consider was the aftermath.  Lots of inquiries and social media activity kind of aftermath!  All on Valentines Week. And, it may sound like I'm complaining...but I really am not! IF you are ever approached about doing anything in your community, I will mimic my husbands words ad say "DO IT!"  What a great way to get noticed locally, build new customers and have a great story to tell.  I know, I know...you just read through a nightmare of a story for a little cookie pep talk.  Put yourself out there, even if you don't want to.  You just never know who is following your cookie journey!


You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Search This Blog