The Tale of a New Mixer

9:05 PM

I have always been a Kitchen-aid girl.  My big Christmas gift the year I left for college was my bright and shiny new white Kitchen-aid.  It has traveled with me through dorm room, apartments, and four homes.  I still own that little mixer and it keeps on going.  I've added two more Kitchen-aids to my army and I love them.

At Cookie Con this year, I attended a night out at Orson Gygi (an amazing Baker's supply paradise). They had dozens of giveaways and so many great prizes.  I filled out my little ticket and tucked it into the Bosch Mixer prize pack.  Would you believe that I WON!?!  I couldn't believe it!  A few weeks later, my new mixer arrived.  I'll be honest, I was skeptical.  Could it really be as good as my beautiful Kitchen-aids?

I read all instructions, plugged it in and gave it a go!  I have to say, this mixer is a work horse.  It is powerful and mixed up my double batch of dough without a second thought.  For my first use, I was pleased.  In the weeks since, I've come to love my Bosch mixer....and wish a few things were different!

First, its not the prettiest mixer to look at.  While my Kitchen-aid in its beautiful copper orange looks great on my counter, my Bosch gets hidden away.

It is incredibly loud.  I'm not sure what I expected, considering it is a work horse, it operates and sounds like one!  It mixes fantastic and has great suction cups that keep the mixer in place (unlike the Kitchen-aid that would mix itself right off the counter).

The cookie paddles are fairly light weight and plastic.  I actually don't use them for my cookie mixing.  I bypass them and use the dough hooks.  It works great and gets the job done!

The Bosch mixes up my royal icing recipe in 6 pound increments without any difficulty.  If I was to write an open letter to Bosch, it would simply be to ask them to add a handle on the mixing bowl.  It would sure make my icing transfer a ton easier.

So, my verdict is in.  I really do love my Bosch Mixer.  And I still love my Kitchen-aid.  It is possible to love two brands and use them both!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I am so glad to finally see a Bosch mixer high lighted! I’ve had mine for 17 years making 6 loaves of bread weekly plus all the other baking and it just keeps on going. No contest for me, I’d take my Bosch any day:)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Search This Blog