8:32 PM

Comparison.  We all do it!  We see a fantastic cookie set online and we oogle and ogle over them.  We admire them, and then automatically think about our own work.  When I first started in this cookie world, I scowered facebook completely amazed at the cookies that existed.  “How could I ever do something that amazing?”  “I’ll never be that good.”  For months, I compared myself to other cookiers and began doubting everything I did.  I got stuck in the cycle of replicating others work rather than finding out who Andrea really is.  I was too afraid to take a chance and see what I could actually create.  I let comparison steal the joy of cookies. Fast forward to now.  Two and a half years later.  I started a website and blog!  Are there already amazing cookie blogs out there?  ABSOLUTELY!  I could list at least a handful of amazing ones off the top of my head.  Are they established and fantastic looking?  YES!  I tried to talk myself out of this idea a dozen times…..and here we are.  The sneaky little thing called comparison could have stopped me in my tracks, yet again.  Is it scary to step out and take a chance, completely.  But if we get stuck in the sinking hole of comparison, we will never find out who we are as individual cookiers.  We’ll never discover our own style or possibly a new technique!  Take a chance, stop comparing yourself to other bakers and just create! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Search This Blog